Sunday, December 22, 2013

Something Red, Something Blue; A Party for Thing 1 and Thing 2

Molly and Zoe turned 2 years old yesterday.  Two already!  I can hardly believe it! I never want to be "that girl" that has the mushy mom blog, but every mom has to gush every now and then when it comes to their children: I can barely begin to describe how amazingly blessed I am because of those two sweet things! Every single day I am amazed by the new feats they achieve (I know, I know; finally getting both feet off the ground while jumping might not seem impressive to some, but when they finally mastered it my mind was blown)! For obvious, divorce-related reasons, this year has been a crazy roller coaster.  Yet, everyday Molly and Zoe pulled me up, put multiple smiles on my face, inspired belly laughs, and made everything ok wonderful.




Anyway, enough gushing! Since I grew up in a family that always made a huge deal out of birthdays, I'm carrying this on with my own girls, natch.  Since the day I learned I was having twins I've had fantasies of dressing them up as Thing 1 and Thing 2 from The Cat in the Hat, because seriously, how cute is that?! So I threw them a Dr. Seuss party.  While I set up for the party they were allowed to watch Caillou (a really stupid kids' show that they LOVE for some reason) all morning.
This is how twins watch TV:

The girls have absolutely zero idea what birthdays are, so it was essentially a party for me! 





This may sound silly, but throwing this party for them was, for me, a way to honor how special they are. They've given me so much in the last two years; they took this selfish, one-track minded girl and turned her into an aware and caring woman and mother.  So they deserved this day; even if they had no idea what was going on! 

1 comment:

  1. I love them so and I love their mommy to pieces! I'm proud of that caring woman and mother you've become and it's such a blessing to be a part of it all every day! Happy Birthday Molly, Zoe and Mommy! Grandmom XO

    ReplyDelete