Thursday, August 22, 2013

Meatless Monday, I mean, Thursday

So, since I always tell everyone how much I love cooking, I thought I'd share some of it here.  I've read that it's healthy to go meatless one day a week; and since I'm still working on restoring this "mommy bod" to its svelte former self, I decided to give it a go.  Tried it today. I feel hungry.  Definitely cannot go full vegan or anything; I now know this after one full day of it, but I will push on! So today I made a veggie pasta dish that didn't turn out half bad, if I do say so myself.  But before I get to that let me show you what I walked in on when I got the twins up from their nap before dinner.
The room did NOT look like this when I put them down for their nap! Yes, Molly is pant-less; and yes, those are her purple jeans on the floor.  Apparently, naps are clothing optional.

But I digress...so here's the finished meatless Monday Thursday meal:
Let me break it down for you meatless-minded folk such as myself.  It's spinach fettuccine with summer squash, zucchini,  baby bell peppers, diced tomatoes, red onion, basil and oregano.  And Parmesan cheese, of course, because cheese is a requirement for every meal!  Not too bad, although, spinach fettuccine is a bit alfalfa-ish.
Molly and Zoe even liked it...

Until Zoe decided finger painting with it was more fun than actually eating it...
Molly ate it all. Typical.
So, I say, anyone thinking of going meatless, at least sometimes; go for it. Just don't be offended when your kids turn your spinach fettuccine into an art experiment!

No comments:

Post a Comment